Nathan D. Wilbanks, MD
Dr. Wilbanks is a comprehensive ophthalmologist specializing in cataract surgery. He offers the latest technology, regularly performing femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery using the LenSx® laser platform. He is well-versed with the most advanced intraocular lens implants (IOLs) including multifocal, extended depth of focus, and toric. Dr. Wilbanks is also an expert at implanting the revolutionary Light Adjustable Lens with cataract surgery or refractive lens exchange (RLE).
Dr. Wilbanks was born and raised in Alabama. He graduated summa cum laude from the University of Alabama, where he received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. He went on to receive his M.D. graduating cum laude at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (UAB). He then completed his Ophthalmology residency at the University of Virginia where he was trained in eye surgery.
Dr. Wilbanks is married to his wife Lindsey, who is a college professor and holds a Ph.D. in Political Science. They enjoy spending time with their two young daughters, Charlie and Mae, while cheering on their beloved Crimson Tide.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (UAB) – M.D.
- University of Alabama – B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Residency: University of Virginia (UVA)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (2015)
- American Board of Ophthalmology (2020)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Washington Academy of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha