Erica J. Uman, OD
Dr. Erica Uman received her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her doctorate from the InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico College of Optometry. She completed externships at surgical ophthalmology offices in New York City and an externship at Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Bragg, NC. From there, she went on to complete her residency in Primary Care Optometry with emphasis on Ocular Disease at Community Health Centers of the Central Coast in California. She enjoys practicing full scope optometry and managing ocular manifestations of systemic diseases like diabetes. She is passionate about working with underserved populations, and prides herself on her ability to connect with patients and effectively communicate in both English and Spanish. Aside from caring for patients with medical eye exams, Dr. Uman also provides comprehensive eye exams as well as contact lenses fittings.
In her spare time, she enjoys trying new recipes, barre workouts, and exploring the Northwest with her husband and rescue puppy.
- Doctor of Optometry: InterAmerican University of Puerto Rico College of Optometry
- Residency: Community Health Centers of the Central Coast
- Externship: Womack Army Medical Center in Fort Bragg, NC
- Bachelor of Science: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- American Optometric Association
- Optometric Physicians of Washington