Thao Phuong Le, MD
Thao Phuong Le, MD is a board-certified, fellowship trained pediatric and comprehensive ophthalmologist. Her expertise includes the medical and surgical treatment of pediatric, adolescent and adult cataracts, as well as complex strabismus, including adjustable suture technique.
Dr. Le grew up in the Pacific Northwest and is a three time University of Washington (UW) Husky! She graduated cum laude from the UW with a B.S. in Neurobiology and then attended the top-ranked UW School of Medicine, where she obtained her M.D. with a focus on underserved programs. Following medical school, Dr. Le completed a medicine internship at the Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle and then Ophthalmology residency at the UW Eye Institute and Harborview Medical Center.
Having trained at the region’s top trauma hospital, Dr. Le has experience working with complex eye trauma patients, advanced cataracts and ocular emergencies. She also received advanced training from some of the world’s leaders in the field of pediatric ophthalmology and adult strabismus during fellowship at University of Michigan Kellogg Eye Center.
In her free time, Dr. Le enjoys exploring the great PNW outdoors, trying new restaurants and traveling. She is bilingual, speaking English and Vietnamese fluently.
- B.S. Neurobiology, University of Washington
- M.D. University of Washington School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Washington Ophthalmology
- Fellowship: University of Michigan Kellogg Eye Center (Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus)
- American Board of Ophthalmology – Certified 2018
- American Academy of Ophthalmology – Fellow 2020
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus – Active Member 2021
- Washington Association of Eye Physicians and Surgeons
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2024
- Seattle Magazine Top Doctor 2023
- Seattle Met Top Doctor 2022
- Castle Connolly Rising Star in Ophthalmology 2021
- Seattle Met Top Doctor 2021
- Seattle Met Top Doctor 2020