What to Expect During Your Surgery
1. The surgery center will call you 1-2 business days prior to your surgery to give you an arrival time and go over a detailed health history, including a Coronavirus symptom screening. We will ask if you have experienced a new onset of any of the following symptoms in the past 2 weeks:
- Fever or chills
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus in the past 2 weeks?
If you have any of these symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has Coronavirus, please call your surgery scheduler so that we can reschedule.
2. You will need to have an escort to take you to and from surgery (no Taxi’s, Uber, or Lyft at this time). The escort will need to have a cell phone with them so that we can call them when your surgery is finished.
3. Wear a mask to your appointment. Masks can be cloth/homemade or a commercially manufactured medical mask. Eye Associates Northwest cannot provide masks due to PPE shortages.
4. The waiting area/lobby will be closed. Escorts will be asked to wait in their cars. Do not bring unattended minors to your surgery. If your escort needs to help you get from your car to the surgical suite, your escort will also need to wear a mask.
5. Upon arrival to the surgery center please do the following:
- Have your escort park the car in the garage.
- Call 206-789-3330 to reach the surgery center receptionist.
- Tell receptionist your name and that you are here for surgery (If you get a voicemail, leave your name and cell phone number and the receptionist will call you back within 5 minutes). Receptionist will ask you for the cell phone number that we should call when your surgery is finished. Please have this number readily available.
- Receptionist will let you know if you should come up to the surgical suite or if you need to wait in your car until we have a bed ready for you. If you are asked to wait in your car, we will call you when we are ready for you.
6. Once you reach the surgical suite we will screen you again for Coronavirus symptoms and check your temperature. If your temperature is over 100.0 F, we will ask you to leave and a surgery scheduler will call you back to reschedule.