The Ophthalmic Technician serves our patients by assisting the ophthalmologist or optometrist in providing office based patient care and performing ophthalmic clinical duties as directed. These include ophthalmic testing, instilling medications, order processing, and documentation in the EMR (NextGen).
- Maintain patient flow and communication regarding appointment status.
- Administer eye medications and instruct the patient in care and treatment of eye conditions.
- Conduct patient work-ups including measuring vision, Tonometry, and Refraction.
- Answer patient questions, address concerns, follow up questions and/or refer patient questions to providers as appropriate.
- Complete appropriate intake assessment of patients, including reviewing the medical record prior to physician examination.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Generous vacation and holiday pay
- Free parking or Orca pass
- Monday through Friday
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer match
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience as an ophthalmic assistant, experienced COA or COT preferred.
- Experience using an EHR such as NextGen preferred