The role of the Ophthalmic Scribe is to accompany the provider as they care for patients, perform exams and procedures, and review medical tests. They are responsible for providing accurate documentation and summarization of the ocular examination and recommendations while maintaining patient flow and communication regarding appointment status.
- Utilizes NextGen EMR system to accurately and thoroughly document the pertinent elements of the patient encounter.
- Become familiar with the patient's medical history prior to their visit and help the provider prepare for the patient visit.
- Review medical documentation for errors or inconsistencies.
- Assist the physician during exam with any necessary procedures or tests.
- Triages phone calls from patients and outside contacts.
- Completes various documents and forms such as consent forms, medical history, insurance waivers, prescriptions, patient instructions, or surgery scheduling paperwork.
- Coordinate referrals, communication with other providers involved with the patient's care, make phone calls, order or obtain lab/radiology tests, and perform other administrative tasks as assigned. Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Generous vacation and holiday pay
- Free parking or Orca pass
- Monday through Friday
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Health Savings Account
- 401k with employer match
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Related ophthalmic or medical experience preferred